Growing up my mom use to force us to drink carrot juice....nasty nasty carrot juice. My sisters and I would sit around the table crying and trying to throw up so we wouldn't have to drink it. It never worked! That was my view on juicing.
Well I was at a friends house (Erin) and she told me she makes this green juice everyday and said she would make some for me. This is what was in it:
Apples, carrots, celery, kale, parsley, cilantro, spinach, cucumber, lemon and ginger.
I was skeptical and the nice mom that I am offered it to Oliver first. He drank and drank and drank....I had to pull the glass away from his mouth so I could at least taste it. It actually wasn't bad at all. Meanwhile, Oliver is lunging to grab the cup for more. He ended up drinking way more than me and right then and there I was sold!
Luckily I ran into another friend that night who had the same juicer as Erin and never used it so she sold it to me for a steal. I bought all the fruit and veggies...divided them into Zip-loc bags and stuck them in the fridge.
Then each day you pull a bag out and throw everything into the juicer and...
Voila! Green, healthy Juice! This is just some...it makes about 2 cups.
We have all enjoyed juicing a bunch of different things.
I never thought I would ever juice in my life...especially drinking green stuff but I love it now!!!
Well I was at a friends house (Erin) and she told me she makes this green juice everyday and said she would make some for me. This is what was in it:
I was skeptical and the nice mom that I am offered it to Oliver first. He drank and drank and drank....I had to pull the glass away from his mouth so I could at least taste it. It actually wasn't bad at all. Meanwhile, Oliver is lunging to grab the cup for more. He ended up drinking way more than me and right then and there I was sold!
Luckily I ran into another friend that night who had the same juicer as Erin and never used it so she sold it to me for a steal. I bought all the fruit and veggies...divided them into Zip-loc bags and stuck them in the fridge.
7 comments:
Yeah for you! And yeah for Oliver, he has revolutionized your family!
I so want to juice...but need a good blender. I am keeping my eye out on craigslist/garage sales!
Eric has a juicer and loves it! However I do not share the same love for it.
Are you going to blog about when that stuff starts to put hair on your chest?! Cuz it looks like it could!
kind of makes me want a juicer :). My kids stay away from anything that is green. I think if I could make the juice red or blue it might have a chance!
Wow...look at you! I need to try that on my kids since they both refuse to eat fruits and veggies.
Looks gross, but I'm glad it's good. Oliver is adorable...keep it up. I'd try it.
Post a Comment