We decided to try our hand at canning pears! Let me tell you...its a process!
A FAMILY PROCESS!!!
Eli removed all the stems for us. Steve blanched them (not pictured)
Alexis removed all the skins and I cut and de-seeded them
Here they are all skinned
Cut and ready for the liquid
They looked a bit brown at first but as you can see after adding the liquid and sealing them...they look much nicer!
We did a total of 18 quarts.
It was a lot of work and I said I wouldn't do it again....guess what I did a few hours later....
Went over to help Amy with her pears! Alexis even helped out!

A FAMILY PROCESS!!!
It was a lot of work and I said I wouldn't do it again....guess what I did a few hours later....
4 comments:
Impressive that you would do this twice in one day! I dislike pears, but peaches are a different story. Next year I will be relying on your expertise.
ha- i did those last year and we have hardly eaten them because of all the work that went into the process- next time no need blanch them, just remove peels with a peeler- it will save you lots of time! (I blanch tomatoes and peaches, but not necessary for pears!)
My kids love home canned pears but I DESPISE doing them! Peaches and tomatoes are so easy. Way to go and what a good friend to help Amy!
I did it last year with a box of pears and 2 boxes of peaches...this year when my pears came, the thought of spending all the babys nap time doing this made me want to hurl So...I gave them away!!! Yep I heart sleep more than pears.
Post a Comment