Monday, February 9, 2009

Extreme Makeover-Pantry Edition

You know when you have one of those projects that seem so daunting that you keep putting off for months and months? That was my scrapbook/childhood memories pantry.

The other day I wanted to find my Elementary School yearbooks and I thought they were in there so I decided the day had come to tackle the project!
This is before:
So I pulled everything out and tried to make sense of everything.I don't scrapbook anymore so there was a lot of stuff I didn't need. (Lucky for you Jen D) It took about 2 hours to get it all organized but here it is after!
Sewing stuff on the bottom shelf, Craft supply bins in the middle and the small amount of scrap booking paper I did keep on the top. Also in the middle shelf I have two bins with each kids name on it...for pictures they draw, report cards and other things I want to keep.

I figured while I was at it I would straighten up the top part of the pantry to make it took as neat.
I did cheat a bit though...see that LARGE clear box at the top? That is FULL of pictures, (before digital camera days) love letters between Steve and I and other memories that I don't know quite what to do with yet. I need to get all those pictures scanned and organized! That will be for another year!

And after all that...my yearbooks were not in there...they were under my bed within reach!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

I would love to have those closets. I can't believe how much space you have in them. Your finished product looks great. I really need to reorganize my linen closet, but it is so bad I don't want to take a before picture.

Rachel said...

i am so in that mode too . . . i'm cleaning out every drawer, closet, and box. i love feeling organized.

as for organizing your pictures, it's taken me a number of years, but every General Conference i get them out and organize them by month and year, put them into a simple album where i write a small caption, and then put all the extras in order into a cute photo box. i have loved sitting, listening to conference both saturday and sunday, reliving all the memories we have made together. just this past session, i was able to get completely up to date, with organized CD's of all of my pictures. now i'm not sure what to do in april!

Jillian said...

As one of the least organized people to ever walk God's green Earth....I commend you.

bloodfamily said...

I just love before and after photos. You did a great job. Now you will have so much more room, too for other things. My kids always make fun of me when I orgnize because I pull ou my label maker, too.

Lori said...

Sign me up for one of those makeovers!

Lisa said...

wow I need to do this to my whole house! especially pictures, letters, craft stuff! where to I submit my application to have you come do my house?!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Great job! It looks wonderful. I want to do that to my whole house. I have thought about taking before and after pictures too, maybe that would motivate me.

Shanell said...

Wow, I can't believe you have the energy to do that. When I was at your stage of pregnancy...I spent my days flat on my face, sicker then a dog!

rachel said...

Good job! I love clean closets and mine are so not. It is my goal this year to organize all of them. I started with my master closet and I have to say I go in there all the time just to look at it now, it just feels so good.

Amy said...

NIce job...can you come to Indy and do the same for me? Are you "nesting" already?

Anonymous said...

organizing is one of my most favorite things to do! it the most beautiful closets!! love it!

Ralaina said...

I am soooooo jealous of the space and organization. You are an inspiration :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space