Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Utah Day 4

 We had a busy walking day first hitting up Hogle Zoo.  Steve's cousin works security there so got us in for free...score.  And then gave us a tour of the zoo.
Of course Oliver was thrilled to see the elephants.

 After the elephant show we watched the bird show.
 We had seen enough of the zoo so we headed over to "This is The Place"

The kids got to do all sorts of things there.  They played in the splash pad for a bit and got soaked...hence Oliver being shirtless.
They made arrowhead necklaces.
 Panned for gold...


 Stamped leather...
 And then got a shave. 


 They also learned how newspapers were printed back in the 1800's.  It was so much fun seeing how people lived back then.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You had me at "free".

I have never spent a whole lot of time at This Is The Place. I better put it on my list.

Kellie DeMille said...

The shaving pictures are adorable! I have never been to the Hoagle zoo. I love that Oliver is so dedicated to elephants. Hayden is becoming obsessed with cats, what am I suppose to do with that? Elephants are much cuter! If Tyson found gold, I would never be able to get him out of the panning for gold spot. He watched a documentary on miners and now thinks it's the perfect way to "get rich". That eagle is impressive!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space