Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 12x12


 Another boring day in the life of the Randall's...
I actually got to sleep in till 6:30 and skip boot camp!  
Alexis was heading to Girls Camp and needed me to do her hair!  I happily obliged to miss a day for her!
 Drop off was at 8am.  The girls were all very excited to get up there! 
 I headed home to paint some base boards before it got too hot.  Hopefully this project will be done soon and I will post it.
 We swam with friends (completely spaced taking pictures of us) but found this little unfortunate guy in the pool...better luck next time!
 After swimming and lunch, Oliver took a nap and Eli headed to Tylers to play.  I sat down to play my new addiction...Dice with Buddies...its basically Yahtzee!
 Once Oliver was up we with played with his addiction...Talking Hippo.  And I have to say, although it is quite annoying, I find myself laughing.  Plus it brings him so much joy!
 Jen squeezed Steve and Oliver in for a haircut.
 We came home to swim to get all the hair off.  Oliver has become a daredevil when Eli is in the pool with him.  He will just jump to Eli...ready or not!  Even if Eli is 10 feet away from him.  He constantly tells Eli, "Scoot back, scoot back," and then jumps under the water.  I prefer them to play this in the hot tub since Eli can't get more than 3 feet from him.
 Then I pondered what to do about this tree in the backyard behind us.  They planted it WAY TOO CLOSE to the wall...it drops leaves in our yard but whats worse is when they get in the pool.  This type of leaf rusts the bottom of the pool.  Its HUGE and I worry with the wind here in NLV that we will one day wake up to a broken wall and a tree in our pool.  I've written then homeowner a letter telling them we are concerned but have never heard back.  We decided to have a landscaper come and cut off every branch that is hanging in our yard.  That tree will barely be standing after that! (fingers crossed)
 After dinner, Steve cleaned the kitchen...thank goodness he is not above housework!
 Eli and I went to visit Aubrey, who had surgery a week ago, and brought her a shake from In n Out.
Pretty uneventful!  Hopefully July will rock your socks off!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That thing from your pool is horrifying! I can barely gaze at the picture. However I can't stop staring at the picture of you doing Alexis hair. Your thumb is fascinating to me. My thumb does not bend back in that manner.

Wasn't it just last month you were having a problem with a different tree in the neighborhood? I need an update on what happened with that one!

chercard said...

I concur with Sarah on the thumb bend...that is freaky! :)

Kellie DeMille said...

I am so worried about your tree conflict. Do the neighboors know the landscaper is coming? I'm seeing a Jerry Springer fight erupting when he starts cutting. Good luck, I hope I don't see you on the news :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space