This year we have both kids at a new school that just opened near us. We are going to truly miss Cumorah Academy but know this is a great decision for the kids...and its free, 1 mile away and EVERYONE we know is going!!! Its called Somerset Academy.
On Friday we were able to tour the school (It use to be a Dollar Tree Store and a gym). I am amazed at what they were able to do with that space! They only had 2 and a half months to put it together! The staff and faculty seem amazing! It will be an eye opener to Alexis to have different periods with all different teachers and kids in her class. Last year there were 10 6th graders and they all stayed together. We were sad to see that she and her BEST FRIEND, Aubrey, won't be in ANY classes together but it they have scouted out a place to meet between each period!
Eli's new teacher, Mrs. Causby seems like she will be amazing!!!
I am so excited for this school year! Since the school will be so close I feel like I can be so much more involved! Here I come PTO!!!!
1 comments:
The PTO had better watch out :) I was really amazed at what they had done in such a short time. I can't wait to see it when it's all done.
Post a Comment