In the spring we decided to do a little home renovation. We wanted to open up our house a little more. Steve has been wanting to take down the wall (where the piano is) for years but I couldn't visualize it and thought it would look weird. Someone in our neighborhood with the same model did it so after seeing theirs I agreed.
BEFORE:
Oh, how I hate demo! Such a mess!
Framing and drywall done...
Texture done
Painting begins...
Since we took out a wall the floor had a gap where concrete was showing...which meant we had to replace the flooring....throughout the WHOLE house (minus bedrooms). And then we had to replace all the baseboards as well. And since we repainted that room we had to repaint the entry way and decided to repaint the office off of this room as well. As you can see it became a little involved but....we love the results!
It opens up the house so much!!
AFTER:
Now if we could just add a bedroom somewhere!
It opens up the house so much!!
4 comments:
It really does open up the house. Don't you hate all the steps involved in changing something? I can't believe you had to redo the flooring.
I love how it turned out. Really opened it up.
Wow! What a difference. I love it. I love your decor, too.
Gorgeous!! I love it!! How DO YOU find the time??? But man oh man is it worth it!!!
Post a Comment