At our church when a child turns 18 month they go to Nursery. What's not to love...you play with toys, have snack, sing songs, read books, color and have a fun time. Well for 2 years Eli has been eligible for Nursery but has never gone. He would scream and basically freak out so we could leave him. Once they turn 3, the following January they get to move up to Primary and become a Sunbeam.
Today before church
On Jan 4th we were out of town so he didn't go. Jan 11th we tried. He went to the 1st hour which is combined with all kids 3 to 7. But when it came time to go to his classroom he freaked...so much he wet himself.
This week a MIRACLE occurred! After I took him to the bathroom and then tried to take him to Primary he freaked. Its a good thing I have friends in there because they just took him from me while he kicked and screamed! BUT...HE DID IT!!! The whole 2 hours and LOVED IT!!! He has the best teacher in Primary who does play-doh, plays follow the leader and makes it fun!
Here is the proud Sunbeam after church with what he made! I could tell he was proud of himself for being a big boy! We took cookies to his teacher tonight to thank her!
I am so proud of him! For those who know Eli...you know this was a HUGE accomplishment!
On Jan 4th we were out of town so he didn't go. Jan 11th we tried. He went to the 1st hour which is combined with all kids 3 to 7. But when it came time to go to his classroom he freaked...so much he wet himself.
This week a MIRACLE occurred! After I took him to the bathroom and then tried to take him to Primary he freaked. Its a good thing I have friends in there because they just took him from me while he kicked and screamed! BUT...HE DID IT!!! The whole 2 hours and LOVED IT!!! He has the best teacher in Primary who does play-doh, plays follow the leader and makes it fun!
I am so proud of him! For those who know Eli...you know this was a HUGE accomplishment!
12 comments:
He's so cute. He's looking like such a big boy.
He did such a good job today. He got to be the helper during singing time which he loved. He just smiled and smiled. I am so glad he loved his new class. She is such a good teacher. What a relief to you!
Oh boy!! I am so happy for you. I wish we still lived in the same ward, Mitchel would have a friend to go with. It's not going too well for us. Two bad things, we have 11 am church, and I am secretary in primary. he sees me and I have to sit or hold him, uugghh! Today was bad because he and klara were trying to fall asleep the second hour and Mike and I both had things we needed to do. They just cried a little and we just stuck him in the sunbeam's room, amazingly he was fine I think for the thrid hour, YEAh! I hope all goes well for Eli and Mitchel next week. Keep me posted. Sorry so long I should just call you:)
Yay Eli! Soon he'll be at the music class by himself too!
Brittany is fabulous, I'm convinced she is the only reason that Michael is doing so well. I still go into sharing time and sit with him for the first 15-20 minutes, but I hope to be able to wean myself out. Yahoo for Eli!
Way to go Eli! What a handsome little guy he is. You better stay with us in March, you are always welcome here.
Oh Rachael that has got to be such a relief. He probably stood a foot taller by the end of church. I think that it is great that you made a big deal over his accomplishment. Hopefully this will make it easier for him next week. Your little guy is growing up! (and a cutie, too).
Way to go Eli! Garrett wants to go back to nursery for the snacks and toys!
Hip Hip hooray for Eli. Jake was the same way but only with primary. I had to bribe him with candy every week just to stay in Primary. It was so nice when he went with no fuss.
It really helps to have a teacher who just takes them by the hand and doesn't indulge the crying. They forget it so quickly anyway!
I do the same thing every week in my class teaching toddlers. It's great to see them progress!
Congrats to Eli!
Wow that is awesome! He's getting SO tall?! What a big boy!
That is so great ELI!! Congrats, emma absolutely LOVED sunbeams, Eli will too!! It's great he has a teacher that takes charge and one that he'll be comfortable with!! Good for her!!
Post a Comment