This past Thursday I flew out to San Francisco for my Great Grandmothers Funeral. She was 100 years old so it was more of a celebration of her life than a mourning. She will be missed but what more can you ask for...100 years, 1 daughter, 2 grandchildren, 8 great grandchildren, and 12 great-great grandchildren!
My sister from Arizona had a connecting flight in Las Vegas so we were able to fly together...and since our original flight to Oakland was canceled and her husband is a pilot for Southwest we were able to get a new flight within a matter of minutes that landed in SF. I am so glad she was with me or I would have sat there and waited 2 more hrs for the next flight! Once we landed we renter a car and headed over to my other sisters place in the city, where my other sister was...there are 4 of us girls in all. We ordered some Thai lunch and it was delicious!
And like true fashion, we left later than we should have and got to the funeral at 1:59....for the 2:00 funeral!
After the funeral (the burial actually took place at a different cemetery) we walked to where another Great grandmother and grandfather were buried.
Big Jeff (my cousins dad), dad, Lynda (dad's lady friend..haha), Aimee, Tara, Leissa (all my sisters), Brooke (my 1/2 brothers wife), Jenean (my favorite cousin), Jarrett and Jessie (my 1/2 brother and sister)
We always take a picture when we are together. We are the only ones that look alike and we all share the middle name Marie.
After we went to a small luncheon and sat around chatting and reminiscing.
My aunt Nicole, Tampa (my grandfather) and Jeff my cousin...all the others were in the other picture.
I have more picture that will have to wait for another post. Don't want to bore you!
3 comments:
I feel like my grandma's funeral was really like a celebration of life also. Glad you are home.
What an amazing time we had! It was wonderful to see you! I'm so excited for you and hope to get out there soon and hang with the Randall clan!
You have such a beautiful family. Funerals aren't always fun, but they are a great time to share old memories and make new ones.
Post a Comment