Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lacrosse


 At the kids school they have a Lacrosse team.  Since their season just ended they decided to teach the younger kids the basics of Lacrosse.  They had two practice and a game.  The game took place on a Friday afternoon/evening.  We were amazed at the number of people who came.  
It was so fun to watch!
Warming up before the game with a little stretching and shooting on the goal.
 Game time!!!  There were so many kids who played that they had 7 minute quarters. 
 All of the kids did a lot of running.
 Eli playing goalie here...

 At the very end of his quarter Eli had the ball...this was right when he shot at the goal and....
 MISSED!  It was fun though.
Then the older kids (with their coaches) played....these were some of the Lacrosse groupies...
Alexis, Aubrey and Nadia...
Sitting on the sidelines right where the boys were!
 These were the two coaches being silly during the game.
This is one of the many reasons I love Somerset...it was an amazing turn out.  There is such a family atmosphere there!

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

It was a little overwhelming the turn out but I think they handled it really well. I can't say enough great things about Somerset but I am worried about next year. All the changes have me freaked out. I'm sure it will be fine I have just turned into a nervous Nellie over the years :) Eli looks like he had a ton of fun playing, and I love the pictures of the groupies :)

chercard said...

I cannot wait to be a part of it!

Sarah said...

It really is a family atmosphere!

Eli looks so cute running out there.

Jackson wasn't old enough to play regular lacrosse and too old to play with the little kids, which makes me a bit sad. Maybe next year!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space