Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentines 2011

Valentines Day kind of snuck up on me!  I knew it was coming but I just didn't have my stuff together to pull off what I wanted to.  Maybe next year!!

 I loved Eli's Valentines we sent out for two reasons...they were $2 to make 30 of them and they were total boy!  Valentines tend to lean towards girls.  I found the idea here.  And if you can't tell they are glow sticks that make up the 3D light saber.

I had boot camp that morning so we decided to do a Valentines Breakfast for dinner that night.  No romantic dinner for just Steve and I because Alexis had Volleyball that night.  We did pull out the china and crystal so the kids thought it was pretty cool.
I made my grandfathers YUMMY pancakes!  They are the best!  I tinted them red for Valentines...they are usually the normal pancake color!

Tampa's Pancakes

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 Tlbs oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, separated
3 cups buttermilk, warmed

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.  Mix egg yolk with warm buttermilk and vanilla.  Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.  In a separate bowl beat egg whites until firm.  Fold the egg whites into batter.  Thin with milk for desired consistency.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Overachiever!

Kellie DeMille said...

I love the Valentines! I need to step up the holiday fare. I didn't make any Valentiney food, thanks for the pancake receipe, they look fun :)

moaspen said...

Impressive. We did our traditional leave a stuffed animal outside the kids' bedrooms and that's it! Love Eli's Valentines.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space