Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I love Thanksgiving...probably my favorite holiday. Why? Because it is the only 4 day weekend where I feel NO GUILT from not working. No one works on Thursday-rarely do people work Friday and then we are always closed Saturday and Sunday. So I was looking forward to hanging out and relaxing!
Then Alexis got sick the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Bronchitis. LOTS AND LOTS OF COUGHING!!! The kind that starts to sound like nails on a chalk board. She stayed home from school all last week. Eli was sick and stayed home Monday and half of Tuesday. I made him go because they had a small little Thanksgiving play where he was the narrator and had the longest part he had memorized! He was GOING!!!AND IT WAS FREEZING! It was actually snowing during the play.
Then they had their Thanksgiving Feast.
On Thanksgiving Day we headed over to Steve's brothers house.
Alexis, Becca and Tori (flashing gang signs!)
Nick and Eli
Some of the adults at the adult table
(blurry because a kid took the picture)
When Oliver woke up from his nap at their house he was hot and grumpy! Steve and I left early so people didn't have to listen to a whiny boy! And so we are on day 6 of grumpiness! So tired of it!
So my Thanksgiving weekend wasn't so great after all! Maybe I will shoot for a long Christmas break!

5 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Sorry about the sick kids. But glad dinner was yummy!

Melissa Summers said...

At least my kids were all sick at the same time. I don't know what it worse. Hope the grumpiness wears off soon.

Sarah said...

I feel your pain with the sick kids! The past 3 weeks, I have had 3 days with no sick kids. Hopefully Oliver will be better soon.

Kellie DeMille said...

We had sick girls too and had to take them to Cedar City. Not the greatest holiday so I am doing a do over. I bought all the fixings and am trying it again here at home :)

The Stewart Stuff said...

Bummer! Sick kids are the worst! #1-They are grumpy #2-You can't do anything for them #3-They are never diagnosed properly (oh, wait! Maybe that last one is just my kids. Who knew you could be allergic to Benadryl). Hope your kids recover quickly!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space