Friday, November 16, 2007

Catch up...


Last Saturday Alexis and I went to the Air Show at Nellis Air Force Base. I have wanted to go for years but we seem to always be out of town. (it falls on Veteran's Day Weekend each year) I knew Eli wouldn't be fun to take with the huge crowds and the loud planes so lucky Steve, he stayed home and did nap time with him. They would not have enjoyed the hour wait to JUST get on the shuttle to be bused to Nellis from the Speedway. This was the first time I really got to use my camera and boy did I have fun. I got a ton of pictures of them flying but of course once you get home you realize...do I really need all of these pictures. No, but it sure was fun taking them. Here are just a few of them.This cargo plane was HUGE and we walked through it to get into the main area.Two of the Thunderbirds flying. We were really close and could see everything.
These two planes look like they are going to crash into each other and turn at the last second.This is when 4 of them all come together and you think they are going to hit each other. It was great. The guys arm in the picture...not so great.
I am so glad we went. My sister, Leissa, and I were able to watch a practice years ago. Alexis was maybe 2 1/2 and Jack was 3. It was LOUD and they did not enjoy it at all. It was great though because they escorted us to the middle of nowhere and we were the only ones there watching it. We ended up leaving the kids in the car and Leissa and I just watched it.

Last night was the Achievement Days dinner. Since I am the Faith in God specialist/photographer I took a couple of pictures of the girls. Bekah (the Primary President) had them all get up and they each read one of the values and then they sang, "I am like a Star shining brightly." The theme for the night was Come Be A Star. There are actually 24 girls in Achievement Days but not all came last night.Also...Alexis got glasses yesterday and was very excited to show them off. She only really needs them for seeing the board in class but she has worn them non-stop. I am sure the 'fun-ness' of it will wear off soon and the reality of what a pain they are will set in! I think she still is cute though!On a last note...we just finished playing church volleyball and last night was out last game. We were undefeated!!! When the season started I was just there to have fun but once I saw how good we were, I got competitive. Not to say that I didn't goof off also! It was fun. Last night we played the single adult ward. What can I say, us Mama's still have it!

4 comments:

Melody said...

We could see some of the air show from our balconey, it looked awesome! Volleyball huh! I am so super jealous, I used to play in High School and Jason and I met playing volleyball at a singles ward. Looks like tons of fun!!!

TIA EVANS said...

We used to go to the air show every year but this year we couldnt because we had my brother in laws race. It looked like fun though. I remember the lines last year for the shuttle were outrageous.

Jossie said...

Hey, nice tough girl volleyball look in that last picture :-) Just giving you a hard time. By the way, I'm a little jealous that you went to the air show. It looks like tons of fun!

Erin Ganley said...

Ohh, Alexis looks so cute in glasses!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space