Monday, February 26, 2007

My Project last week

Don't you hate it when you don't notice how ugly something is because it has just become a fixture in your home. Well, I have come to realize that my kitchen table was an eye sore. Years of Alexis painting at the table, carving our last name into it and the finish coming off of it...it was time for a change. I had actually refinished this table 9 years ago when we bought it second hand so it was due for a change.
This is the before table. I had painted the legs green and stained and polyed the top.
So I painted the legs white (to match the cabinets) and sanded the top down to bare wood. (My arms are still hurting!) I picked out a stain/poly combo (thank goodness it is a one step process) to match the floor and then sanded some of the edges of the legs so the green would come through. The stain color wasn't as dark as I had hoped for but it looks better than before. The whole project probably cost $10 for the stain. I had everything else and it was fun.

2 comments:

The Intimidator said...

The table looks good. Refinishing is hard work, but you'll love your table even more now because you put that work into it.

At least now you have the practice so you can refinish the floors.

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Frame by Pixels and Ice Cream
Sponsored by Free Web Space